Monday, June 28, 2010

Computer distractions

Have to give a shout out: MB rocks! He got up sub 7am this Sunday - got the hitch and bikes on his car and we rode 8.5 before I had a meeting at church. AWESOME. He is flat out AWESOME. b/c (1) he hates mornings (2) hates biking in this humidity (3) worked around my schedule to go together (4) pumped air in my tires and forgot his ...awwwww (5) SURPRISED me by joining me for church after my meeting. LOVE HIM :-)

In true techie form - I get distracted by my computer. Literally. I can have all the best intentions in the world to hit the gym before or after work and I don't make it b/c of playing on the computer.

I even wake up sub 5 am and GET UP to eat the pre-workout munchies - still manage to search stuff, read, work, etc unti 7:15 forcing myself to RUSH to get ready for work and haul booty to the hospital.

Then after work - I get home have either (1) snacked at work just before leaving so I am not starving or (2) grab enough to silence the tummy. Both options do not help -> still plug in the computer and attempt to FB stalk my friends to ensure I still know what's going on while I'm MIA :-p Next thing I know - it's 9pm and I have 1 hr until the gym closes (useless) and 2 hrs of work to finish (or my boss just called w/ something).

Goals for this week sound very famaliar to previous:
- Set times for personal time and follow through w/ it!
- Designate times to attend daily mass around LA apt
- Work out AT LEAST 2 out of the 3 mornings in LA
- Bike AND run AT LEAST 2x EACH this long weekend

I have this circuit workout from a magazine that I thought looked very easy and kicked my butt the night of the NBA finals game 7...only know that b/c every gym TV was on that AND there were non-exercisers in the lobby TV area hanging out. Thinking I should start w/ that + running on the training schedule. Guess I'll find out once I get my BOOTY IN THE GYM!

(super secret goal: I want to fit into my grey suit pants...the 3 piece suit is down to 2 piece unitl the abs get flatter!)

No comments:

Post a Comment