Monday, May 7, 2012

Double Digit Miles

Friday - avoided working out
Saturday - avoided working out but managed to wear workout clothes all day
Sunday - woke up EARLIER than 10 AM and headed over to Silver Comet Trail :-)
- Goal: 10 miles, 2 hours
- Interval Reality

  • Run/Walk ratio - 5 min / 1 min <- did not work
  • Run/Walk ratio - 4 min / 1 min <- much better
Timeframe Stats:

  • First FIVE MILES: 54 minutes...
  • Walked 6 minutes :-) VICTORY SAUNTE
  • Started back on the (Run 4/Walk 1): 47  minutes 
  • FINISHED 10 miles in 1:47:--- yayayyayaya
Band-aid Take-away:
Foot fat is back with vengeance: the HEEL crease as a blister?! what are these phantom parts of my feet?
Front/ball of my feet are not an issue (yet).  YAY

Soap-Opera Focused Details

  1. First hour - talking myself up to feeling like exercise is something I will like...after the workouts :-)
  2. mile 7 - body wanted to know WHY I was going past the 6.1 mile typical torture without training.
  3. mile 7.5 - started to rain (joy)
  4. mile 8 - pouring - you've GOT to be kidding me?!  I was so worried about getting sun burnt I wasn't paying attention the actual forecast.  Me & my sunscreen were just dandy running through the rain :-D  Thank goodness the downhill portions being on the way back!
  5. mile 9 - OMGosh is this freaking over yet??  Where in the heck is the downhill?! Are all those sections over?!    WHERE IS THE 0.6 mile marker?! Did they remove that thing???
  6. mile 10+   umm maybe the extra four minutes I ran to ensure it was over 5.0 miles out (past the 4.7 mile marker) were a weeee bit overkill :-)
Yay for all various forms of updates.  Maybe one appealed to you :-D
Workout buddies are welcome! - Let me know if you are game and we'll bike/run Saturdays/Sundays!

No comments:

Post a Comment