Monday, July 30, 2012

Sundays...

Quick idea of the day: to fit long runs into the weekdays, run 1/2 at night - 1/2 the next morning. 
- PROs: minimize time/exghustion to single evening, similar leg fatigue without compelte boredom on a treadmill
- CONs: fatigue extreme :-p for the next work day without prep work completed (?)
What do yall think? :-)
_________________________________________________________
The past two Sundays have been workout days - amazingly enough it felt fantastic to kick my booty on that day... and then not be able to walk for at least 2 days without making a noise while getting up.  Going back for a second 1-day session didn't make sense but better than nothing, right?

WELL today I wasn't impossibly sore so I took advantage of it and ran the 2 miles to the gym, stretched & abs for a few - still heaving from the 96 degree heat BUT peeved I wasn't burning a ton of calories -> I decided to row 10km.  Whew - I bit off more than I could chew so I stopped at 5km...(26:03) my booty was numb and calves were killing me.  Am I rowing correctly?! :-/  Then ran the 2 miles back (with the prize of Smoothie King!).

Anyone want to take bets on how sore I'll be tomorrow? :-p  I hope to do the "Sunday" workout below again tomorrow :-D  YAY for getting legs and booty back!!

SUNDAY WORKOUT
Run:
- 5 min | 6.0 | warm-up
- 1 min | 8.5 | sprint - 1:30 min | 6.0 | jog (speed down to 4.0 for last 1/2...)
(Repeat 2nd and 3rd - 9 times)
- 5 min | cool down

Weights:
- typical arms with 5, 7.5 & 10 lbs (press, fly, standing fly, reverse fly, curl, alt curls, something-i-don't-know-the-name-for, tricep extension)
- typical legs with 15 lb bar, 5 sets (back lunge, side lunge, front squats, step up, lunge w/ back leg on box, good mornings)

Abs:
- Crunches (front, left side, right side, bicycle) - 50 each
- Reverse straight leged (ouch...throwback to tumbling classes...) - 50 ugh

No comments:

Post a Comment