Monday, February 27, 2012

Hello Tight Pants

No - not in the cool, going-out, night on the town kind of tight pants (ugh I hate those anyways) but these are suit pants!

Wake-up call :-p When I undid my suit pants while driving TO the airport parking... yes the 17 mile drive was too much for my mid-section to survive in the confines of the size 8 "stretch" brand suit pants from BR. I can totally call out the excuses of (1) freshly dry cleaned (2) HUGE splurge on sweets this weekend for MBs bday or (3) it's monday and I'm grumpy/uncomfortable by any means prior to coffee!

Reality - I've gotten pudgy (sp?). Now all my friends/family can be quiet with the "you are NOT fat" b/c I don't think I'm there - yet. BUT I am getting SOFT everywhere. Ugh.


Need: increase cardio past 3 miles a week, weights increase from 0 to something.

Short Term POA: this weekend is a 804 stair climb for the American Lung Association in Cleveland, OH with Mrs RB.
1. This MAY prove to be embarassing
2. Hope I can do this without too much heaving with forgetting allergy meds during travel this week
3. OMG I haven't worked out in weeks... minus a 20 min run 1x last week.

Short(er) Term POA - for the next month (crash course):
- Stretch every AM/PM
- Do core exercises (read 250 of some AB thing) every AM/PM
- RUN at least 3 miles Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
- RUN at least 800 stairs sometime over the M,T,W workouts (local stadium?)
- Research a 10K in the next 3 months - and then 3 months after that :-p

Lofty goals (POAs) but I think it's do-able! Keep you posted!
oh - and if you are curious, I changed into the skirt of the 3-piece suit at the airport to relieve the tightness (didn't really work but I don't have to walk around w/ clothing un-done!)

No comments:

Post a Comment