Saturday, March 3, 2012

Fight For Air

AM - abs (no)
AM - stretch (no)
AM - run (*)

*Ran up the Trade Center tower (?) this morning. It was an event for the American Lung Association. The turnout was great and the 804 steps was not that bad.

Start: felt nervous - how bad would my poor preparation rear it's ugly head?
Flight 2: weird transition through some hallways between the stairwells
Flight 10: omg this is not just fun and games... 32 more flights
Flight 37: I. Need. Air.
- stop for water at the "rest stop"
Flight 42: Is this the end? Wasn't bad at all :-)
- Literally I asked the people (prob volunteers) "Is this the end?" when walking to the viewing deck

Overall: 8:59 time, 5th for the 20-29 age group (?) After the many pauses and waterbreak, maybe I should've kicked it up a notch :-) (see the competitor coming out?!) I am VERY grateful to have finished.

Aftermath: coughing. coughing. coughing

I hope the aftermath ends tomorrow :-) I also hope it's nice tomorrow evening in ATL so I can run!

No comments:

Post a Comment