Monday, March 19, 2012

Sunday Run

So after a week away - (and nothing to report) - I went to the gym on Sunday :-)

1. Thank you MB for the push to go
2. Thanks for letting me nap afterwards
3. OMGosh I am feeling sore after the workout.

Why am I shocked that working out hard once a week is making me sore? Have I truely forgotten the basics? :-p

I digress - so the workout included 30 minutes on the treadmill:
- warm-up (5 min @ 6.0)
- 1 min fast followed by 2 min jog
10.0 twice (jog was 6.0)
9.5 twice (jog 6.0 again)
9.0 twice (jog = dying so 4.0)
8.5 twice (jog 4.0 again)
- ZERO cool down (had to use the restroom)!

I felt like leaving right after the run but it was just 30 minutes into the gym; therefore, I added in arms. When did the CRC get rid of 3 lb weights? (or am I crazy & they never had em...)I know that sounds pathetic but I do quick pyramid sets (reps 12-10-8-10-12 using lbs 3-5-8-5-3 respectively) and I NEED the lower weights. I know the CRC doesn't have 8lbs and I have to adjust to 7.5 lbs but to not have the lowest weights means I had to adjust the entire format (reps 12-10-10-12 with lbs 5-7.5-7.5-5) and it HURT! I mean washing your hair after the gym sore. Ugh.

Anyways, enough complaining :-) I had a fabulous power nap post gym -> church -> dinner out -> another nap -> sunday night TV -> crash! How long do you think it takes working out to increase your energy level?? :-)

Overall my goals for this week are:
1. Workout at least 2 x
2. Stretch EVERYDAY (even if it's 5 minutes)
3. Drink at least 3 bottles of water a day
4. Do the nettepot (?) thing for my nose daily (darn pollen is out in FULL force)
5. Research a 1/2 marathon this fall for MB, his friend training for a full in Nov & me

No comments:

Post a Comment