Tuesday, January 26, 2010

10 lb kick in the booty!

Oh goodness. I've never had to hate the scale at the doctors office before - before this past Wednesday!

Background: I hurt my foot running in the JAX bank 1/2 marathon (after slacking off the three weeks before). This was also after the ATL thanksgiving 1/2 marathon (the reason I used to take the time off). Oh silly me not wanting to give up sub-2 hr. Walking hurt just the next day - I took 4 weeks before the doctors appointment.

Wednesday - Foot doctor: traditional weighing in displayed 162 ??? wtf... I weight 172 at my "heaviest" while at 8% fat for GaTech track & field. So being 7 lbs over my average = ugh...can this be blaimed on a month away from running? (umm, no Ms self-denial)

Monday: first trip to the gym w/ a bum foot (walking, removeable booty) and weighed in at 165?? SO the journey begins to put into motion everything I know to be great, but just don't "want" to do...come along for the struggles....It's going to be tough to not use the excuses we all know and love but one day at a time & a blog to keep me more honest than on my own!

Goals: new exercise every week, increase sleep (helps w/ wt loss), reduce sugar intake from whatever I want (ugh), and lil motivational kick in the booty for whomever decides to keep in touch! :-) Step 1: gym in the AM (5:30....)

No comments:

Post a Comment