Thursday, January 28, 2010

Say NO to calorie counting, say YES to being aware :-)

Dr appointment verdict: 2 more weeks of booty (as need be) - move up to Elliptical in 10 days and treadmill light walking after that. I'm beginning to think this doctor doesn't realize what I'm already doing (HARD cycling for 30-60 min, weights including legs...) :-) He wants to see me again in two weeks but I might cancel b/c it hasn't hurt since Dec 22nd!

Today - fell off the bandwagon. I completely reset the morning alarm and assured myself I'd work out in the evening. I HATE the huge crowds in the evening, but I actually showed up?!?! I got an hour in on the bike before dirty looks from the gym staff and didn't find space to do abs (darn ;-D).

Tip of the day:
Try runner's world training calendar!

I have the basic account (pros and cons in a second). This is a great calendar to track each type of exercise completed, duration, calories, heart rate levels, etc. You can import from most tracking devices (haven't figured that out yet).

The part I'm excited about is the meal tracker. I AVOID calorie counting but I was shocked to add up what I was eating. They have all the USDA and consumer report data for quick reference to generic product name brands making the process really easy. Just knowing what my standard intake equates to calorie wise will help me keep myself in check.

Pros - great way to track calories in and out
Cons - no way to post future workouts (on the basic account level)
This is an issue when I'm trying to remember what is required for the upcoming event's (tri, marathon, etc) training program...

Let me know what y'all think of the program or if you have one you like better!

2 comments:

  1. I vote that it doesn't count as falling off the band wagon if you still workout later that night. Everyone's allowed to sleep in now and then. But the tricky part is being able to motivate yourself to continue... or to fight the crowds at the gym.
    On a side note... I love that you correctly spelled y'all. A lot of people mistakenly think it's spelled ya'll, but the apostrophy is in the wrong spot. Apostrophies are supposed to take the place of a letter or letters. (E.g., don't for do not) So in this case it's taking the place of the o and u. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Beth - def did not do the abs & stretching so kinda skimped on the workout but excited to count it as another day in the gym! :-)

    ReplyDelete