Saturday, July 23, 2011

Hot Run

Yesterday evening I went for a run on Silver Comet - turned around at the gas station crosswalk (4.2 ish miles). It was NOT a pretty run as it was close to 100 degrees AND 80+ % humidity! I was hoping to run the 8.5 miles averaging 11 min / mile.

I was making it with 4 minutes to spare for pace...at 6.6 miles into the run - I get stung by a bee right above my tongue of the right running shoe, through my sock...! CRAZY! I stopped and dealt with that (flicked it off my foot, took my sock off, got water on it from the camel back, called mom and dad it see if I was allergic, etc!) for at least 5 minutes...then walked/jogged back to be only 3minutes over goal pace :-)

YAY for heat run
Boo for being the object that furthered the mission of a suicidal bee - as that is a determined bee to sting someone while RUNNING and THROUGH my sock...

Today - had a personal trainer session scheduled but traffic made me late...and I didn't make it before the person left! :-p Groupon.com NOW deals are fab - just got to make it happen!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment