Monday, July 18, 2011

How to start again

My running pace is almost back to square 1... weekend before last I went for a run in ATL expecting 9+ miles = mother nature laughed! I barely made it 3.5 before I got sick -> turned around! The 7 miles were in 11:30+ min/mi I am embarassed as I type that and following it with a "and I walked almost 50% of it" doesn't make me feel better!

The next day I was fired up to really see how bad at running I've become - I ran afterwork at the apartment gym, quick 3 miles, less than 27 minutes :-D YAY I don't suck completely...

I proceeded to take the rest of the week off. HAH.

This past weekend I was whitewater rafting, canoeing, and lazying :-) Sadly my arms were sore for a day after the water sports paddling!

Last week I went as far as puting a training schedule together for the 10/02 marathon. I haven't started it...BUT it's on the outlook = MUCH closer :-D AND today I brough "Insanity" DVDs to work apartment = might do that versus being too lazy to leave the apartment??

Tonight: going to finish work before bed so I can remove AM workout excuses! :-D GOING to start again...but not craving the runner's high/pain - yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment