Saturday, March 5, 2011

Triathlon Training?

I have been reviewing my fitness goals over the past few weeks (w/ all the lack of exercising, I've had free time HAH) - realizing what is required to complete the IronMan trianing the next 2-3 years.

Other resources that will be required to compelte this may be:
- Swim Coach
get past the fear of swimming longer than 15 min
- Ocean Practice
move past the HATE for salt water & open water swims
- Wet Suit
COLD water when swimming so far out in the ocean
- Biking clips
learn how to use the cleats, faster/better w/ each stride
- Long Rides
Longest ride thus far has been less than 55 miles, need 122...
- Marathon Time
decrease time to less than 4 hrs...take less % of 17 hrs total

I researching getting a coach and the price tag has me scared. The overall triathlon coaching is $200+ start up w/ $100+ ish monthly for 1-on-1 meetings and updates periodically. If I just want an overview plan and maybe just one/initial assessment it's a $300 flat rate.

Coaching Needs I can think of thus far:
- Need swim assessment
- Swim coaching? would like feedback intermediately...so monthly the way to go?
- Training plan a MUST to be dynamic b/c I don't know where I'll be staffed, and that can change the entire feasibility of swim days/cycling options/etc
- I would appreciate help planning to train for multiple marathons a year = need to be weary of over stressing the body
- I need help how to increase in the types of TRIs.... sprint completed, what about stepping up through each type (olympic, half ironman, ironman...)

I'll keep updating what I decided - but any hints from anyone would be greatly appreciated :-D What would you focus on first? Is in the initial money for setting things straight/planned worth the hefty cost?

...

Today: it's raining in NY so we are not skiing - I cannot try out my new boots. BUT I wouldn't want to subject them to a rainy introduction! :-D The four of us are just chillin in the condo - I am missing my 9 miles (or 90 minutes of working out I was counting on via skiing) BUT I should be well rested to hit the gym when I get back to ATL tomorrow afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment