Monday, August 29, 2011

Fabulous Update

Okay - so long time no talk. I have been working out a bit more at work (on-site) but this weekend defintely takes the cake!

Next marathon 10/02 = finaly got some fire under my booty!

Thursday - REALLY late arrival to INDY but scoped out the 24/7 gym at the HGI.

Friday AM - got up and ran 3 mi before 8 am start to marathon of calls! Didn't love or hate it - definitely FABULOUS to run on treadmills with TVs again. Helped me forget the whole "running" thing
Friday PM - went running with Ms Amanda. Such a gracious host! (1) went running with me (2) delayed meals and fun that evening so I could do so (3) accommodated my crazy 2 workout / day with social/meals!

Saturday AM - got up rather late, thighs tight - ran the 3 mile there & back from Friday PM and I was brain numb ... no bueno. Don't like outdoors I guess b/c it was fabulous weather! I proceeded to consume some liquid calories that nulled out the cal burn BUT yay for catching up with friends!!! (i.e. Sat PM workout = nap then 15 min yoga)

Sunday AM - groggy, gosh these friends don't sleep in even until 10 AM?! 2nd weekend morning = le tired! Grumpy = I'll run when there's a TV! hah
Sunday PM - hotel by 4:30 -> treadmill and thankfully stumbled upon the movie National Treasure. Definitely didn't realized how close to the beginning I found it but HUGE blessing :-) Got me thru 90+ minutes of 3:30 min 7.0 / 1:30 min 3.5 intervals. Then random shows (less distracting) = I survived 1 more hour making 14 miles in 2:30 hrs. I was just above 10 min/miles at 13.5 miles and didn't want to end without a whole number -> walked! yay 1500 cal burn!! I haven't felt that in a while!

Monday AM - E.A.R.L.Y. 3:10 on the elleptical for 10 min (1 mile) to work out leg cramps tightness -> stretch for 10 min. whew. glad I stopped at 2.5 hrs yesterday! & switched my 100% cotton socks every hour (forgot to pack decent, moisture wicking socks). Idon't have huge blisters or hip soreness out the ying yang. My legs are sore but it's a long missed soreness! :-) Hoping to keep up the 2x / day at least 3more weeks -> 2 weeks of tapering before 10/02!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment