Monday, August 29, 2011

To full or to half - that is the question...

Discuss with MB & Amanda brought up that this "crash course" type training cannot be healthy for my body - mainly my joints - and how 1/2 marathos would be better b/c
1. able ot train up to schedule mileage during work week easier...
2. bring down my 1/2 marathon time
3. enjoy the location traveling to vs rest before and after race day

My rationale side is saying "okay" but my stubborn side (pride?) is saying NO! b/c
1. goal of marathon in each state!
2. can run 13.1 miles anywhere, anytime -> why spend $ and travel
3. Glory is in the 26.2 bragging rights, right?
4. Would I really even train for 13 miles? need to really keep at a healthy weight and balance out my crazy bad food habits...

The decision is still up in the air - trying not to put too much pressure on myself for the Portland marathon ... will that be my last for a long while? ... :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment