Saturday, April 10, 2010

Be on my right side

Habitat was great until the 4th to last board of siding to be nailed. I helped hang the insulation throughout the house, paint the front and then hang siding after lunch. Ugh on silly hammers. I was actually doing pretty well until...I smacked my thumb. I'm a lefty so it was my right thumb.

Oh how I have ignored your importance oh right thumb. Turning the ignition on the car, shifting gears...all difficult in the not so graceful get away :-p clipping of the seat belt, holding forms to register at the quick care -> all weird. (sidenote: it took 30 min to be seen, borrow in nail did not relieve pressure as it had not gone all the way back to the point the doc made the hole?!?!, 45 more minutes to get someone else in there to wrap it up obnoxiously like it was the end of my thumb)

Getting home to shower 1 handed -> interesting. Oh right thumb, how useful you would have been in washing my left arm - I was attempting to keep you dry. And the all essential task of deodorant...silly left pit was just out of reach for complete coverage. It was interesting feeling like a 7th grade boy attempting to figure out a bra...the claps were hard to find and will be interesting to find again. Ugh on delay for dressing! Right thumb - you are definitely missed!

P.S. Typing is annoying b/c right thumb = space bar! @#$()*

No comments:

Post a Comment