Thursday, April 15, 2010

Flight or fight?

Hah - the title is related to getting an earlier flight or accomplishing the huge workout day... I chose the earlier flight :-)

I did manage to squeeze in a 12.4 mi ride (46ish minutes) and felt good after the 3rd mile. I lost track of time as my goal was 45 minutes and I rode 24+ out. I busted a move to get back by 46:15. I was ubber proud of that :-D

The run afterwards was not pretty. OMG shaving for bathsuits and biking shorts do not mix. End of story. (not really, but sounded dramatic eh :-D ) I felt every stride and did not like it! I guess shammy-butter (?) does have a purpose and I should investigate using some for the next workouts :-p My goal for the run turned into getting back to the car ASAP so I could retain whatever mobility possible for this weekend.

I can see it now:
"Hi I'm MB's gf of 4 yrs. Great to meet you!"
"Great to meet you too. What happened? I seems like you are waddling."
"Oh yes, I have issues."

:-p Oh goodness....

I survived -> 2.6 in 25+ and showered -> switched flights -> rushed to airport (thanks ES!!) -> waiting at the gate now :-p I'm looking forward to running in OHIO w/ less pollen!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment