Monday, April 12, 2010

Stubborn is a syn for stupid (e.g. ME)

Today's goal was to complete the 18 mi run I postponed from Sunday. Note to self: never switch up the long run schedule again...it's getting old and doesn't bode (sp?) well for the body to follow up a "hard" day with another hard workout day :-p

The 18 miles were terrible. I disliked it from mile 2 on...and that's a long time. My legs felt like lead the entire time (a sign you should just STOP and try another day but not this stubborn girl!) My eating pattern was off from just having bfast and fish meal after burning 2500 yesterday - it felt like I was just DRAGGING. It took me for freakin' ever to finish the 18 miles (embarrassing 3:54...so ashamed to officially share that). I was eating blueberry chews and got SICK while running (twice). Just say no to blueberry!

Sidenotes on the environment:
THANK GOODNESS FOR 2 INHALERS!!! I was still wheezing (another sign to stop - ignored)
- Licking your lips normally is bad b/c it wears off the chapstick sun protection BUT now it means pollen will clump there ?!?! terrible.
- Everything I wore was yellow-ish when I finished.
- I had pollen pooling towards the front of my legs b/c of running (haha not moving that fast)

Summary:
- Finished 18 miles (best thing to be said about today)
- My knees are hating me (can't run away from rabid dogs...clothing test in Eight Cousins by Alcott ? or is it Rose?)
- My thumb looks freakin' normal (what a let down...and it hurt so bad :-p)

Goal for tomorrow:
- swim 400m, 4x100m, 4x50m (ugh, see if I survive)
- run 5 mi
- bike 60 min :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment