Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Daily Mile

So - KM introduced me to a great website dailymile.com and that was definitely the only reason why I went out to workout this evening. Look me up!! I waited so late that I could not get in the entire workout BUT I definitely got good stuff out of it.

The 5 mile run (actually 2.6 out and back -> 5.2) was pretty good! I went faster on the way out (uphill portion) as I still have not figured out I cannot pace myself at previous fitness level times (aka not a 8 min/mi person yet...but soon!). The first mile was sub 8...whoops! I finished out at 48 minutes so definitely proud of myself! :-)

The bike ride afterward felt so sluggish. It did not feel fun (something unheard of for cycling to date). I did not want to ruin my relationship with my bike (HAHA) so I was debating how far to go... the sunshine was running out -> limiting me to less than an hour ride. I had to come to a COMPLETE stop at least 3 times on the way to the 3.7 mile market and was SO PO'd with:
- Parents who were not watching their children who were swerving back and forth across the curvy path (congrats on your children working on not being the obese % of america but you nulled out any positives by still allowing them to be IDIOTS)
- Obvious walkers who stop and turn directly to their left deciding that they are going to stop on the opposite side of the trail WITHOUT LOOKING...umm, ????
- Companion bike riders that cannot figure out how to contain both bikes on one side of the trail...and cannot figure out what it means when you say "On your left"...therefore remain on the middle of both sides ??

This ride just helped me believe the statistic that the national average IQ is 110. Lord help us all b/c we are going to be taking care of each and every one of them.

(Stepping of the soap box - back to the exercise summary)

I was frustrated -> shaved 2 minutes of the time coming back compared to on the way out. I finished the 7.4 miles in 26:15! Pumped to have gotten the lactic acid out of my legs from the long run!

Anyone surprised I avoided the swim until the gym pool was closing? (aka 9pm) hehe some patterns are harder to break...

1 comment:

  1. YAY I am excited about watching your details on the site, and on here too! Go you!

    ReplyDelete