Sunday, April 11, 2010

Riding w/ a Group

So the plan was 18mi run -> 40 mi ride -> church
The actual was 7mi run -> 30 mi ride -> church (w/ no time for real food = cranky)

The run was cut short today b/c of the lack of sleep I got from rolling onto my thumb at least 4 times last night AND the fact I wanted to be good for the group ride as I did not know what to expect pace wise. I ran walk the first 4.5 in 42...then walked 8 min (w/ a potty break). To finish the race, I attempted to keep below the 10min/mi pace for the remainder of the 7.4....and succeeded :-) W/ walking almost 15 minutes of it, I finished in a little over 72 minutes!

Meeting up with the riding group was great. Everyone I have met involved in cycling has been very cheerful and overall pleasant experience! The pace for the first 15 out was different as we stopped at the various bike shops to catch up as a group (space b/w varied w/hills, pace, etc). Then Brad (the bike mechanic I met at the bike fitting Friday) and I def picked it up on the way back. What's so challenging about biking w/ him is that I like to really push through hills and basically sprint level overall...and then coast. He was at the same overall pace - forcing my coasting to be at a minimum. This constant pedaling caught up to me w/ 7 miles left...ugh I love/hate the quad burn!!! :-D (more love than hate)

To regain energy after the 2487 cal burn -> downed a protein shake before showering -> PB & crackers at stop lights -> 2 granola bars in the parking lot -> rushed in and was early.... regret set in pining for some solid food (even the McD's I passed on the way to church). Survived therefore there are definitely worse things in life!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!!! One last exercise to conquer w/ the bum thumb -> swimming (and we all know I'll put that off as long as possible!)

No comments:

Post a Comment