Tuesday, February 16, 2010

3 miles closer...on the marathon schedule!

So I am thinking about the Kona marathon in Hawaii vs the Derby marathon (since I have not planned ahead for Derby tickets for this year). It's June 27th and would be an awesome excuse for my first trip Hawaii :-D Has anyone run this marathon or in Hawaii? I'm thinking it will be humid...

This week marks "week 3" of a twenty week program. Technically it is week 1 for me, but whatever - I'm not scared away from high mileage at the end (b/c mentality is biggest part of a marathon in my opinion).

Pros: Proud I fought the masses to get in a PROPER 5 min warm-up, plyos, stretch and THEN 3 miles, leg weights :-)
Cons: Took complete advantage of the Fat Tuesday title and ate TONS of not so good for me stuff. No worries though - giving up sweets for lent! (that should cut out 1,000 calories a day EASILY. no joke!)

Tomorrow = five miles or rest...the body will let me know my limits towards a PM gym visit during yoga and abs in the AM :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment