Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Rep #s or Focused

Anyone ever researched which way is better: minimal focused on form repetitions OR completion of the set of repetitions with not complete accurate form

I am going to google it later :-) I recently moved up to a new set of weights (5, 7.5 and 10) to (7.5, 10 & 12.5). When doing my arm weightlifting this morning, I noticed I was rushing the heavier weight lifting set and wondered if this was improving my workout or hindering it. I can do the lower sets the proper, slow way (2 second "out" and 3 seconds back to "neutral"), but I cannot do the newer weights in the same manner.

Have I thoroughly confused everyone ?? :-)

Anyways, I swam the 3x100, 3x75 and 3x25 workout again. Still left like I was crashing after the first 3x100. I think breathing is going to be my new goal...you know, that involuntary thing :-p

Another goal is to figure out what I can actually fit in before getting ready & driving on-site for an 8 am start. I think it will be only 1.5 hrs of gym time - which will prob mean 2/day to fit in the various cardio and weights. The 1st 2/day will be TODAY! I am hopefully tricking myself into going back by holding the running for the PM session :-) hehe sneaky sneaky!

No comments:

Post a Comment