Friday, February 12, 2010

Just Keep Swimming!

This morning I hit snooze twice BUT finally got up and to the gym for a 5:35 in the pool :-) The 100 warm up wore me out... proceeded to try the first 100 of the workout and it quickly became the first of 3x50! I felt completely DONE so the 3x100 & 3x25 were breast stroke :-p

Thank you to a good friend for the 0-1650 workout, but I'm going to work on the 0-700 workout first. Guess I'll have to build up to doing the workout more so than I originally thought!

Pros: finally swam for the first time in months
Cons: no abs or stretching afterward - need to budget time for important end of workout routine (maybe split weight lifting to two days upper/lower body)
Trying to move on from an incomplete workout week - using the whole "it's a new day" mentality is not easy!

Workout tip: when doing the quad lift machine
- 15 reps with toes pointing straight up
- 15 reps with legs & toes pointing inward (working outside-top of thighs)
- 15 reps with legs & toes pointing outward (working inside-top of thights)
- 15 reps with toes point straight up
The inward and outward of the legs requires me to literally lift and twist my thigh "muscle" (fat) around for the exercise.

Excited about shopping for a new workout toy: Triathlon Bike :-) My tax return will be going towards a good tri bike to get me all the way through the Ironman! Please let me know any advice of where to shop, if you'd like to shop w/ me, etc! PUMPED!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment