Monday, August 23, 2010

Sunday RUn

Atlanta = humid

I lost lbs of sweat but no mileage or speed accomplished! My goal (recovery plan style after calf fight w/ bike) was to run 1/2 of the scheduled distance of 18 (aka 9 for all you UsicGA peeps). I did not even get that far!

When I make it out 3.75 miles...that was it! I did not want to go any further for that had taken me just as long as 4.5 should have! Sadly it involved a heck of a lot more walking than a "run". "Sigh"

Finished the 7.5 pathetically but met an interesting runner who is from the San Diego area, works at the CDC (knew of a friend there) and used to travel for a living (hence his commute to ATL transitioned to a move a long time ago). It was great to hear someone else's struggles with marathons (his most recent was the Disney in Jan). Too bad I don't have the 50+ excuse for slow finish times...and I think he was beating my times by an hr HAHA :-p

MB kicked booty by biking 20 in the time I took to run 7.5 :-D Yay MB!

No comments:

Post a Comment