Thursday, March 25, 2010

Day of rest

I finally crawled into bed around midnight; therefore, a 5:30 am swim & weights did not seem in the works! I am very sore today and overall no pep in the step -> giving myself a day of recovery before back to swim, 5 mile run & 70 min bike Friday :-D Saturday looks like a GREAT day for a long bike and swim...

I am looking into joining the Atlanta Triathlon Club - they are having an information / sign-up session this Saturday at Atlanta Cycling 4:30 - 5:30 pm. Anyone have PROs or CONs of this club? :-)

Realized while swimming yesterday 2 very key things that are probably second nature to all that swim: prob nothing earth shattering to others, but I am pumped to be progressing out of complete novice to swimming!
1. USE YOUR LEGS - never paid attention and assumed they were kicking hard...they were not. Now I know I cannot kick decently for over 50m at a time...def point for improvement!
2. BREATH ON BOTH SIDE - who actually breathes turned to the right? hah - well, I tried and not like it affect the graceful look of my stroke but GOODNIGHT do I need to work on not looking like a bobbing head turning up and to the front. :-p

Anyhoo - off to Studio 411 (see earlier post) this evening w/ KC(M). Def going to be hilarious to try to pole dance...NO PHOTOS ALLOWED :-D def not counting it as a workout :-p

No comments:

Post a Comment