Saturday, March 27, 2010

WHEW!!! almost a 3000 cal day

It was a cold morning (42 at 8:30) so I delayed getting ready until at least 9am. To test how bad I have become at running, I ran first today! :-p 5 mi in 47 minutes isn't terrible, but it's definitely 5 minutes slower than I was 6 mo ago! Whatever - it was completed :-)

After running I did weights and another of this week's swimming (4x100, 4x50, 4x25). The 25m things at the end were great! I breathed normally (ever 4 strokes) without freaking out, kicked fiercely the whole time, etc :-) I stretched but skipped any abs to get to SCT (Silver Comet Trail) before too late in the afternoon.

Biking was great!
Someone joined the trail about the 4.2 mile marker and kept about the same pace as I did all the was through mile marker 16.88 (64 minutes into my 128 min ride). I thanked him for allowing me to follow him through unfamiliar territory and apologized if he felt stalked. He laughed and said it was fine.

First Bike Fix: On the way back, around 5 mi marker, I had trouble slowing-going while looking for traffic on a crosswalk and dropped my bike. The chain fell off the gear wheel (?) and I literally looked down and said, "$hit! My bike isn't working!" A cyclist around me chuckled and fixed it easily in like 5 seconds. THANK YOU!!!

After I survived the rest of the ride back - for a total of almost 34 miles (whew) - I wanted to treat myself to a protein smoothie from planet smoothie! I went by the one near the Vinings Publix but it had a sign "Cash Only - sorry for the inconvenience". EEK! I found a smoothie king via BB for the route home but it wasn't the same. Sad...guess it'll have to be after the next LONG ride :-)

Tomorrow is supposed to be a 15 mi run but might delay that until Monday if it's raining. I could do it all on a treadmill, but I prob won't want to! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment