Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Second ride = much harder than first!

Hit silver comet trail a little after noon - definitely felt tired right away :-p I quickly moved out of the hardest gear (what I was in the majority of the ride yesterday) and maneuvered through the trail to the same point as yesterday. I must have been so excited during Tuesday's ride I did not remember the actual mileage of the turnaround point - it was actually 8.6, not 8.1 miles to the parking lot.

So very excited to know I'm making 17.2 miles in 70-ish minutes (closer to a 4min/mi average even w/ the traffic light breaks!) Anyhoo - survived the 2nd day in a row of biking. Tomorrow will be the 3rd and then a Friday break before a Saturday or Sunday long ride :-D

Made it to the gym after 7pm (had to drag myself there) to swim the same routine as Tuesday but was pumped to see I read the schedule wrong and today's running was just 3 miles! :-D

Swimming went well (yay for lane to myself), running did NOT! I assumed three 9min miles would be feasible but NO! I only survived 1.2 miles and had to decrease it to a walk....then back to 9:15 to finish the 3 miles in 30 minutes. EMBARRASSING....I guess I have more work than I thought to get ready for the San Diego marathon. EEK! 74 more days...

No comments:

Post a Comment